Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Show

Welcome back!!
So in the time that we were apart I went to an 'A' rated show. Let me tell you - it was a blast! I took little ms Diamond and she was the bomb. It was her first show ever and she handled everything like a pro. Was it because of my training or was it because she is that cool of a horse - I don't know but whatever it was ... it worked for me. We went in the Hunter Pleasure classes and she placed a couple of times. Her owner and I were so pleased. It was nice to be in with the pro's and showing against the big time horses. It was unfortunate to see some of the pro's treat their horses the way they did. Jerking on their mouths and kicking them with spurs... I Promise you that horses are the most forgiving animals ever. They let us ride them and when they make little mistakes we go off on them and they try to do what they think we want them to do. If they don't do it right we go off again - and the horse just keeps trying. There are a few horses that will buck or kick in response to our actions. Personally I think some of these trainers deserve the bucks and kicks. I'm not one of those trainers - I am good to the horses I train. But I saw a lot of those trainers at the show ... I wanted to jerk some of them off of their horses. Then again I saw a lot of horses misbehaving that needed to be disciplined. Those were the ones I wanted to ride, so bad. The people on them were mad, but it looked fun to me. One horse was being so bad that his rider almost fell off. It was entertaining to watch. Of course I was watching all of this while trying to warm up my own horse. You can tell that I'm slightly ADHD. English horses, western horses, hunter horses - they were all at this show and a lot of them were really nice. One of these days I will have a really nice show ring horse. Until then I will be content with my eventers. My friends from Shadow Ranch were there at the show. They brought a bunch of horses down to show in the sport horse divisions. Shadow Ranch was where I got my start. They were there to stay all weekend - to show in Dressage and Sport Horse. I hope they did well. When I left they had already had won one championship. It was nice talking with them and seeing their horses. My real good friend brought her horse, Danny, I told her he looked fat - but really he just looked filled out. I wish I could have stayed to watch them show more but I was ready to leave. And Diamond was ready to leave as well, she was worn out. I did however call my friend when I got home to see how she did on her first level test and apparently all went well. It was a good show... I really enjoyed it.
As for the rest of my gang - all is well. Shamrock is the next to be shown - she is really going nicely. I can't wait to see how judges like her. Bruno on the other hand is giving my sister a bit of a time. He frames up so nicely - but it's not consistant. That and he won't jump - he bulldozes the obstacles. I've tried everything and he still just plows right through it. I had to school him some the other day. He is bull headed.
My two girls are doing wonderfully - Mia is still growning and Hart is still ms personality. I can't wait to show Hart again later on this season. She's a great horse. Speaking of great horses - I heard about one while I was at the show. Blossom my old mare; apparently the Shadow Ranch gang saw her at their last show. She wasn't doing so well due to rider issues - but it was nice to hear that they are showing her. Hopefully the rider learns to work Blossom correctly so that they can be successful. And my other mare Passhahnn - she is doing well apparently with her new little girl. They will be showing rated next year so I hear. Too bad I will be at school and won't get to see it. I'm sure Passhahnn will do wonderfully - she is an awesome mare. Ha as long as you don't try to jump her.
I'm very excited it's almost the end of the month which means I get a new group of horses to work with. And that is always a good thing for me, I get bored easily. The group I have now is a great group but they are passed the hard stage. Although today Torque had some issues - not too sure why but he'll get over it.
Well - That's all for now folks - tomorrow is Sunday... and I have get cleaned up for church.
Peace Ya'll

No comments:

Post a Comment