Monday, June 1, 2009

Do it

Hello My Loyal Readers - and all the newbies.

Let me tell you - stuff just keeps happening. I'm exhausted and it's not looking like I'm going to get to sleep any time soon. Tonight is hopeful - I'm excited.
So to keep you all entertained I will tell you of my successful adventures in my little horse world. Wanna see something pretty?
Beautiful isn't she? This is my current love. "Shamrock" - currently under my training and soon to be shown by yours truly. She is so good under saddle that I can not wait to see what she is going to be like in the show ring. She is wonderful in the making.
In other news - the horse business is good. Days come and go, and during your day you do things, or you don't do things. You make decisions and you make mistakes and you do what you do. And as you know, I ride horses. Some people don't understand what that means. That means that I think, that I concentrate, that I balance, that I direct, that I ask, that I tell, that I fall sometimes. So far this week I have not fallen off :) this is a good thing. I have this one horse - she's mine actually, my love "Hart" - and she has this 'but you love me anyways, right?' personality. When she does something wrong - she shoots those big brown eyes into your gut and says "woops, I sowee". Then there are other times, like today, that she misbehaves and than runs for dear life in the other direction! Whether that direction be the opposite way or be on top of you. She's running no matter what!! Today it was on top of me - no worries, I stood my ground - but as soon as she stopped running on top of me, she looked at me with those big brown eyes and said 'I love you please don't discipline me'. Ha - she's adorable. All horses have personalities but her's just sticks out more then most. I was very concerned for my girl Hart last night - because a growth showed up on her jugular. The vet is coming to check it out Thursday, I'm hoping it's just nothing, but there are many other things that it could be.
Getting a business started is a pain - advertising is a pain. Flyers to be made, business cards, references. References can be more of a pain then anything - I have plenty of people who will refer me, that's not the problem. The problem is getting these people to mention my name to other horse people. I realized today that some people just aren't into helping others out. They're in it for themselves and only themselves. It's sad really. Then I look at these people and I see their success - or lack there of... and it doesn't bother me as much. They'll get what they deserve. They're getting it now, and no, it's not fame or fortune. Sometimes what you work so hard to build up back fires on you - and you end up with too much build up and not enough of the stuff to make it work. I'm building something, but I'm doing it with the right attitude. I'm not really better than anyone - I'm just average. But I will be great one day... watch and see. With God's help and a little bit of training - I can do it.
Well, Do what you do and let me do mine. Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment