Thursday, July 2, 2009

For Josh

Life begins with one small breath, a breath that starts it all
You never know what's to happen or who will come to call
We grow and learn what life's about, we meet the ones we love
Then some bad things happen and life no longer fits you like a glove
The people who once loved you turn on you so quick
Without a hint of what to do you learn to build up your bricks
But bricks can't keep the pain out that this life tends to give
There comes a time in your life that you do all you can just to live
Now your life is not thriving and you, you are a wreck
You hide behind your wall and wish for just a speck
of hope to guide you through this hell which we call life
That life that began with just a breath is now living with all this strife
You walk your path desperate and searching for someone
Someone to shine some light in, someone just like the Son
I knew a boy who needed hope, I knew him as a friend.
I never knew how he needed me cause I was blinded by my sin.
He was desperate and searching for that Light to pull him through
He pulled a trigger of a gun instead and now his time is through.
My life never shined for him, and now it never will
I have regrets and I have scars that haunt me even still
But one I'll have forever is not sharing God with Josh
No matter how hard I scrub, that memory will never wash
Memories I treasure now of wrestling on the floor
The one of him upon my horse yelling out for more
I had to leave and didn't return and he was one I wished
that I could see again, but sadly I never did.
I cannot bring my friend back, and I can't say where he is
I loved him as a brother though, and all I can say is this
Rest in peace now brother, for you surely will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment