Monday, January 9, 2012

Ex's, Mac N Cheese, Walls, Possibilities, And barter system

Have you ever heard the saying, "the possibilities are endless"? I have come to believe that this saying is true. However most people don't realize it.
My dearest ex is in prison and while it is true that he is in there for the next 14 years, it is also true that he took my heart with him. So, you say, that means your heart has been imprisoned? Well it's only theoretical. I have written to him several times, and he always writes me back telling me of life in prison, while I write him about life on the farm. Every time I write him I try to give him a little bit of a glimpse of life outside of four walls. Often times I tell him of my adventures on the farm and what life entails as a farmer. Many times I catch myself rambling about horses (imagine that?) It is quite funny when he writes me back as he tries to make life sound interesting, but talking about life in a cell can only be so entertaining. I appreciate his outlook, because many people who are in prison for that long of a period tend to loose sight of hope, he always talks about how one day he will get out and he will make things right. And when he talks about it, it always makes me think "the possibilities are endless" - how refreshing is that coming from a man who is going to spend the next 14 years in prison?? It saddens me when I talk to certain people who are not in prison and they say things like "I've lost all hope" or "the dream has become a nightmare"... it makes me think of my ex... and I always think to myself "here these people are running free saying they have no hope, and here my ex is in prison... talking about future plans and holding tight to his release date!" What is the world coming to?
Boxed Mac N Cheese is by far my favorite thing to eat... while it has nothing in it that is good for you... it serves as a nice midnight or midday snack. The other day my Mom was shocked and nearly had a heart attack, when I went to the food store and bought my own Mac N Cheese, came home and fixed it myself. She swore I was ill, I wanted to look at her and say "The possibilities are endless"!!! Maybe one day I might clean my room or make my bed. You know me, always trying to give my parents hope for me!!!
Speaking of possibilities there is one for me getting a training job at a local hunter jumper farm. I turned in my resume and now I'm waiting for some kind of response. The job would entail me training horses, and teaching lessons. Which would be ideal for me. I've worked at several barns, and have trained many horses. The ideal setting for me to train at would be my own farm... I am my fathers daughter and it seems like the genes don't do well with someone else telling them what to do!!! My boss here at the Rent All knows who really is in charge (ME) and let's me be the boss most days. I guess that's why I've been able to stay here for five years!!! Unless I get this job, or my own farm lifts off the ground, I guess I'll be here at the Rent All fixing engines and doing brake jobs... until further notice. Hope they have a retirement plan!! But I seriously doubt it, but hey, the possibilities are endless.
Have you ever seen the video of horses at the Washington International jumping the Puissance? Go youtube it... they have this "brick" wall that they gradually build up. Who ever jumps the highest wins. The current record is 7'3, the rider holding the record is Red Skelton (not the comedian). Some times it feels as if I am in front of the Puissance wall, galloping at it, with a horse under me that knows as much about jumping as I do about the flying trapeze. And if you know me, you know that I do not know anything about the flying trapeze. So my only option at times is to dig my spurs into the side of that horse... and hope to God that he doesn't refuse!!! Recently there was a wall in front of me, that I couldn't see over or around... and I had only one option and that was to dig my spurs in and pray hard that I make it. Sure enough I ran towards that wall.... and I thought to myself the possibilities of me making it over are slim to none!!! Then I landed on the other side and realized that the possibilities are truly endless. I didn't count my chickens before they hatched, but I didn't quit dreaming about making it over that wall either.
Life in general can be a challenge. People are the biggest problem with life. If it weren't for them I'd have a rather easy life. Them and money. Money is like luck... some days you have it, some days you don't. And it's the days you don't have it that a horse gets hurt and you have to call the vet. I read an article recently about a lady in Germany who lives strictly off the barter system. She has lived without money for 16 years... and you know she doesn't miss it? Most people think if they had more money life would be better. But doesn't the Bible talk about money being the root of all evil?? If we had more money, we would go broke. It is a little know fact that most people who win millions in the lottery go bankrupt in two to three years. How you ask? What do you do when you come into a large sum of money?? Buy the biggest and the best stuff?? Go out to eat at the finest restaurants? Very often times we get money and we go waste it on stuff we don't really need, but instead we spend it on things we want. So after reading this article on this woman who lives off the barter system.... I thought to myself... How ingenious. So I tried it... I went a whole day living off the barter system. You know I paid off two bills, and got riding lessons out of the deal?? Imagine that. I was so proud of myself. All without money. If only the feed store used the barter system?? LOL... as for people being a problem... eh... you can't fix stupid and you can't trade stupid people for useful things!!! Trust me, I tried!!

No comments:

Post a Comment