Wednesday, May 27, 2009

dreams

I am a dreamer - like big time dreamer. One of my life long dreams is to be a famous trainer... you know, go to all the big shows and win. I'm not talking like Nationals - I'm talking like the Rolex and the World Games. Nationals would be nice too - but I don't want to limit myself. And tonight I catch myself dreaming of the day that I go to the Rolex - heck, it won't be for another several years. Here I am still trying to get my horse to do beginner novice level tests and I am thinking about the day I ride in the Rolex. And yes, all my dreams have to do with horses. I could go down a list of things I dream of becoming and dream doing with horses. It is to my harsh reality that I may never ride in the Olympics - but I'm going to come awful close. I'm determined. It's a dream of mine to have a horse farm to breed and show as many breeds as possible. I sit and I watch events like the Rolex and like World championships - and I get all excited because I know one day that it will be me. I can imagine what it is like to ride in those events. It sends chills down my spine. I can't express to you how excited I get at the thought of riding in some big show ring. I love showing first of all. But man, to show in a big time show and to do well. In any event - reining, cross country, dressage, saddleseat etc.  I love going to local shows and knowing people and people knowing me. When I get to the big times it's going to be a blast to know people and for them to know me - they'll know me when my name is called - and they will understand why I win.  More importantly they will know my product... the horses that I train. They will know how good they are. I dream of becoming as good as the best. And having some of the best horses - that's what I dream of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment