Thursday, October 14, 2010

Roxanne

Often times, when we are at the barn, my little sister will hear me say "Roxanne, Roxanne, Roxanne, Roxanne"... and she will just laugh at me. That is my poem I wrote for my horse (Yes, I'm a better writer than that but I had to come up with something I could remember. lol). I walk out into the field and see this beautiful horse... and she walks up to me with her big eyes and pretty face... with a "give me a cookie" look on it. I take a few cookies out of my pocket and suddenly I have a new best friend. Roxy... the one and only. She has to be one of the sweetest horses I know. She is for sure my favorite. I love this horse more than all the rest. I broke her to ride a couple of weeks ago, and she is a blast. No brakes... but a good adrenaline rush!! Like no other horse I've ever ridden. I feel so honored to be able to sit on her. She is one of those horses that when she is nervous she will put her head up against you and just stand there. She constantly wants to be touched, she constantly wants attention!! She is so eager to please. See how great she is?? One tiny little problem. See I've been praying that God sell a horse... and one day He told me to sell THAT one. THAT one being Roxy!! I said really Lord?? No Lord, not THAT one. I LOVE THIS HORSE!!! But... then God reminds me of a story in the bible... where Abraham had to give a sacrifice and the thing God wanted was Abraham's son!! So Abraham obeyed and built an altar, and was about to sacrifice his son when suddenly God stepped in... and because of Abraham's obedience God provided a ram! In my last blog I wrote about how God wants to give us the desires of our hearts. But He also wants us to trust and obey Him and to do so whole-heartedly. He wants us to jump when He says jump... He wants to know that He means more to me than Roxy!! Oh my... "Thou shall have no other god's before Me". Including but not limited to... TV, football, vehicles, horses, people, etc. I do not put Roxy ahead of God... but when God asks me to sell her... I have to honor my Father's wishes. I pray for a ram to appear... But if God really wants me to sell her... I will. I put her up for sale this morning... it broke my heart. I have this friend though... who tries to keep me on the positive side of things. She gave me encouraging words... that even though Roxy may have to go, I will get where I want to go!! Roxy may be the wrong horse... I can't imagine HOW that could be... I don't see it. But like my friend said "God always has a bigger plan... a better plan" I just have to trust and obey. What's God telling you to do today?

No comments:

Post a Comment